Thursday, February 3, 2011

31 weeks



We had our 30 week appointment last Friday. I measured exactly at 30 weeks, Camp’s heartbeat was normal as it was in the 140’s and he’s beginning to move his head downward. We also began “labor and delivery “talk. My OBGYN told me to come prepared with a list of questions. Of course, and if you know me, I came with a two page list.

Camp is very active kicking and having the hiccups throughout the day. His favorite time to play is at 4:30am. I wonder when he’s born if he will be up at 4:30am because that seems to be his pattern now. His hiccups are my favorite feeling.

Every once in a while I experience Braxton hicks. I asked my doctor how the “hicks” compare to labor. She said on a scale from 1 to 100 they measure at a 5. I said what do labor contractions measure? She said 98 to 99. OK-that is still processing in my mind.

Pregnancy Symptoms: HEARTBURN!!! I keep a bottle of Maalox everywhere. My feet are beginning to swell towards mid afternoon and sometimes my hands do too. HOT! HOT! HOT! I am the only person wearing short sleeves in the middle of winter. When Blake and I are in the car my side is on the coolest temperature possible and his is on heat. Thank goodness for dual controls!! Too bad they don't make dual controls for the home because I am freezing Blake in our home. I’m just always hot.

Cravings: I crave cold, cold, and I mean cold water or drinks. I can’t get enough ice in my drinks. Now that I am in the third trimester, I am never full. I eat and then right after eating I am still hungry. Not great for the weight department but I tell myself (1.) Camp is totally worth it! (2.) All the books say 9 months up and 9 months down; and (3.) I have the rest of my life to be slim.

Check-List:
Bedding washed and almost all ironed
Pre-registered at the hospital
Camp now has a pediatrician
Hired a newborn photographer
Attended baby basics and breastfeeding class. Next up- labor and delivery classes.
Crib, glider and chest of drawers all assembled

Random stuff: Since I was sick for so long, I couldn’t go to spin class. As many of you know, I had been spinning since the beginning of my pregnancy. Now I am walking. Walking is getting harder for me, especially when your stomach hits the treadmill control area a lot!! I enjoy walking outside when I can. I finally understand the saying, “Heavy with child.” You really do start to feel him or her become heavy.

I miss bending over. You never know how much you bend over in a day until you can’t bend over anymore.

I’m obsessed with watching my stomach move. I literally could sit all day and night and watch my stomach move.

I feel so blessed. As of now, I have three showers planned. I am so excited to share this pregnancy with such great friends and family members. Of course, we are praying it will not snow for the shower in Asheville.

No comments:

Post a Comment