Camp is 33 weeks!! Camp is now at a point where if he positions himself right Blake and I can feel his body parts. It has been so much fun trying to guess which body part we are feeling. At the same time it has been a huge realization that there is a living human inside of me. Sometimes we can see a wave go across my belly. I think as he’s growing he’s taking up more room and he just can’t get situated in there. His kicks are harder and his hiccups are stronger. My stomach moves all the time it seems. It totally thrills me!!!
Blake and I attended our first,out of two, labor and delivery class. This class really struck a chord with me. We watched a delivery and were provided a tour of the labor and delivery wing of the hospital. By the end of the tour, my mind was all over the place. I guess it really hit me that we are close to labor and delivery. Therefore, my mind has not stopped yet!!! I’m really beginning to feel the pressure to get everything done. At the same time, I also feel like its OK if I don’t because he’s got a place to rest his head at night. I think I feel the pressure at work more than anything. I’m trying to get everything wrapped up and passed on to others. I know it will come together; it always does.
Now actually seeing a delivery was very interesting and made me even more nervous. I can’t really put a finger on what I’m nervous about. I know it’s going to be painful, at least until the epidural. I know that the average first labor and delivery is 14 to 20 hours. I guess the scariest part for me is just not knowing all of the unknowns. At the same time, I think that's what makes the whole experience so exciting. My most comforting thought is always that God and Blake will be there in the room with me.
On a more fun note, I found this piece of wall art that matches Camp’s nursery perfect!! I fell in love with it.


No comments:
Post a Comment