Thursday, July 26, 2012

15 Months

Camp had his 15 month Doctor's appointment the other day. Below is his growth.
 Weight: 24lbs
Height: 33 1/2 inches
Diaper size: 5
Clothing Size: 18 or 24 months
Food: He's become quite the picky eater meaning no vegetables and he doesn't really like chicken that much. He loves pastas, mac-n-cheese, oatmeal, cheese toast, ground beef, yogurt, fruit and just about any type of kid food. He also loves his milk!!

 These are just some fun facts I want to remember:
 -Per the Dr. Camp is a very sociable baby. He said that 9 out of 10 babies his age go through the exam screaming and crying. Not Camp, he laughed and talked.
 -Camp loves music. He loves to dance especially stomp his feet and move his body all around. It's soo cute!!
 -Camp loves cars, trucks, balls, bats, slides and his basketball goal. He also loves blocks. -He loves to get books and just look through them himself.
-He can feed himself and doesn't want anyone to feed him anymore.
-He mimic's everything we do. He saw me brushing my hair and so when he got his brush he started brushing his hair. He saw someone grab their arm and say, "Ouch." So now he grabs his arm and says, "Ouch."
 -He loves to be cuddled in the morning.
-He's not a big TV watcher because that means he'd have to stop moving-ha! He does pause for Sesame Street.
-Camp runs everywhere now.
-Some words he says are mommy, daddy, baby, Grixie for Trixie, ball, hey, buh-bye, ouch, hey, what (my least favorite and not sure how he learned that), doggie, ok and uh-oh.
-He loves to play on our phones, computers and i-pad. He can turn all of them on by himself so that the screen lights up and then he just pushes buttons everywhere.
-He loves to close the dryer door, refrigerator door and dish washer door. If the refrigerator door is open, he will grab his own milk and close the door.
-He waves buh-bye, blows kisses and claps his hands when excited.
-Camp is a climber. He loves stairs. He can climb on our couches and in chairs. This has been a major adjustment for us. It makes me so nervous.
 -Due to getting hand, foot and mouth, Camp quite sucking his thumb. I'm assuming he linked his thumb to the blisters in his mouth and now will not even bring his thumb to his mouth. I have to admit those were two miserable days and since 12 weeks the first time I had to get up with Camp during the night. I'm sure there is tons more, but this is all I can think of now.

 He's such a little joy. His personality just keeps us laughing all the time. He just does the cutest things!! The Dr. said he's developing right on track so we will not go in for a 18 month appointment, but will visit again when Camp is 2. I can barely say it-TWO!

 What I've learned: Where to start?
-I have learned if it's quiet around the house than Camp is into something.
-I used to stress about cleaning up the living room and his room after he played in those areas. Then he would come right back and destroy them. I've learned it's not the end of the world if the house isn't as tidy as it used to be. You just gotta let it go!!
-The one baby item that I thought I would never use, almost didn't even register for it, was a humidifier. I use it all the time. Through the sniffles, colds etc. Love it!!!
-I also used to stress about Camp getting his clothes dirty. With a boy, there's just no way around it. Once more just gotta let it go!!
-It's become such a reality how much Camp mimics Blake and me. He will try to do what we say and mimic our actions. It's just become so real that we are to lead his steps and he will follow us. We are so careful as to what we say and show him. I always think of the song by Casting Crowns, where it says, "Be careful little eyes what you see...be careful little ears what you hear because the God up above is looking down below." I also think, a lot, of this verse: "
New International Version: Proverbs 22:6
"Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it."  I say all that to say, it's just become more and more of a reality how a good father,mother and family life are so important for a child. Parents are the guardians that God chose for His (their) child. That responsibility is not one to be taken lightly.

No comments:

Post a Comment