Friday, October 7, 2011

Trixie

OK, I usually never post comments or what not on other people's blogs. BUT today I just can't help it. I, like everyone else, read Kelly's Korner. Every Friday she does a "Show us your life post." Today the post is, "Show us your pets." If you know me, then you know I couldn't resist. I'm sharing Trixie!!! (Even posted this post on Kelly's Korner.)

Trixie is our pet. She began as my pet and then Blake got the packaged deal. Trixie's full name is Trixie Leigh Hardin Startup. She's a miniature Pomeranian. She's 5 years old and weighs 4lbs. We keep her shaved so she doesn't shed and I wasn't the best at maintaining her fur. Yes, she's a high maintenance dog! She goes every 4 to 6 weeks to get her hair done. Once more high maintenance!


She has a wardrobe but purchasing clothes for her kind of came to an end when I married Blake and we went on a budget. I would sneak some here or there until Camp was born. Now she only gets clothes if my sweet Aunt buys them for her. Almost everything she owns is pink. She has 4 beds in the house so she is always sitting pretty.

On a serious note she's the best dog ever. She travels with us everywhere. She can almost fit into any place you want to squeeze her into. She only barks when the doorbell rings. She's an introvert some days and keeps to herself. BUT she loves me!! She follows me everywhere. She also loves Blake but sometimes she gets under his feet while he's walking and that doesn't go so well. As for Camp, the verdict is still out. Right now she's not a fan.

I wish I had some better pictures of her but on this computer this is all I have:


1 comment:

  1. Trixie is so cute! My daughter wants to have a Pomeranian, but we have a Yorkie, and he does NOT get along well with other dogs, so that will have to wait until she is out on her own.

    Hopefully, Trixie will come to love your little boy, and they will be the best of friends :)

    ReplyDelete